Since the grand opening of the airport in May 2010 there had many calls from the flying public to introduce cheaper parking options at KSIA. Bongiwe Pityi, AGM Airport Operations, said “We wanted to get our airport fully operational and now that have we took heed of the comments of our customers and we have now introduced the “Long Stay” parking option at the airport. We believe that this option will give our customers more choices for parking at KSIA and allow for a better parking operation and more convenience for the user.
Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) believes that the introduction of “long stay” parking option will benefit the users in the following ways:
- The cheaper cost and comparisons to the other parking zones
- 24 hour secured environment ( physical and CCTV)
- 24 hour service operation at parking office – 032 436 6626
- Alternate options of parking products
- Free transport options to and from parking areas – golf cart service