- With the exception of visitors on Boulders Beach boardwalk, nobody may access the main breeding colony.
- In instances where staff need to go off boardwalks to collect injured birds or hats, camera lens, caps etc dropped by visitors they will limit their access to essential work and then sterilise their boots afterwards - gum boots have been issued and are easier to clean than the normal boot.
- Monitoring routes used for moult/nest counts have been reviewed to ensure that staff and Penguin monitors do not walk through the main breeding colony.
Even though the virus is unlikely to infect humans, precautions should nevertheless be taken.
Tips for visitors:
- Visitors must stay on designated board walks
- Visitors should change shoes and clothes if visiting other seabird colonies or poultry farms to prevent contamination from one site to another