- Malaria case management - from 77.4% in 2006 to 85.7% in 2010
- Percentage of children (< 5 years) with malaria who received treatment within 24 hours - from 62% in 2008 to 89% in 2010
- Percentage of pregnant women with malaria who received treatment within 24 hours - from 60% to 89.2% in 2010
- More than six million mosquito nets have been distributed in Rwanda since 2009 > each household has at least three mosquito nets
- Rwanda intends to reduce Malaria infection by 90 percent by 2012
23 March 2011
Rwanda: Malaria decreased by 70%
According to a Rwanda malaria performance program review Rwanda has managed to decrease Malaria by 70% over the last 10 years (2001 - 2010). During the same time the number of deaths caused by malaria dropped by 61%.