The tour offers two stops: at Groot Constantia, the oldest wine farm in the country and the producer of world renowned wines for over three centuries and at Eagles’ Nest, a Constantia Valley red wine specialist cellar.
Claus Tworeck, the CEO of City Sightseeing, explains that the new Wine Tour has been launched as an added free value extension to the existing Blue Mini Peninsula Tour, and offers visitors and locals alike the chance to experience a true Cape outing.
The City Sightseeing bus that will take you on the Wine Tour departs from the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront, with a bus running every 35 minutes, starting at 09h00. The bus then drops off and collects from the car park at Groot Constantia. All the City Sightseeing buses operate on a hop-on, hop-off basis, so you can spend as little or as much time there as you like.
The Blue Mini Peninsula bus also visits 13 other attractions along its route that you may choose to stop at, however, for those that wish to make a day of their visit to Groot Constantia, City Sightseeing recommends that a 2-Day ticket is bought.
Details of the Wine Tour at a glance:
- The hop-on, hop-off Wine Tour bus departs from the Two Oceans Aquarium, Stop 1, at the V&A Waterfront at 09h00.
- Then every 35 minutes thereafter.
- Total length of time of the entire tour is dependent on you!
- Entrance fees and wine tasting costs are for the cost of the traveler
- Tour ends back at the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront.
- Bring hats and sun screen.
- Commentary is available in 16 different languages, which includes: French, Italian, German, Portuguese, English, Spanish, Dutch, Afrikaans, Zulu, Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Turkish, Mandarin and a fun Kids channel.