- focus on the implementation of an improved maintenance and operational plan before the services are reinstated
- offer an uniformed train service on all routes
- improve on MLPS customer service and meet customer expectations
- offer and improved and reliable train service
- live up MLPS' promise of "A Pleasant Experience"
25 February 2020
South Africa: All long distance passenger rail services are terminated until further notice!
Following a directive received from South Africa's Rail Safety Regulator (RSR), Main Line Passenger Services (MLPS), which operates the long distance passenger train services in South Africa (Shosholoza Meyl and Premier Classe), has with effect from 21 February 2020 temporarily terminated all long distance passenger rail services in the country. Customers in possession of valid train tickets will receive a full refund. No alternative transport will be provided. According to the press release, in which the MLPS announced the termination of services until further notive, the temporary discontinuation will allow the company to: