Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) will roll out a campaign from 02 Feb 2015 at all of its nine airports in South Africa to enforce hand luggage regulations. According to ACSA, the campaign will inform and educate passengers about the prescribed restrictions and the impact on travellers. The enforcement of this programme will be led by airlines operating at ACSA airports and supported by the airport authority.
The current allowance is:
- One (1) bag plus one slimline laptop bag per economy class passenger
- Two (2) bags plus slimline laptop bag per business/first class passenger
- No bag should exceed these dimensions: 56cm + 36cm + 23cm (total dimensions of 115cm)
- Weight limit per bag: 7kg
- Passengers who exceed the hand baggage limits will be subject to the specific airline’s excess baggage rules