- The re-tarring of Cape Vidal Pass (the last narrow section down to the resort) in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park will commence on Tuesday 28 February 2017, weather permitting. The Cape Vidal Pass will be closed between 10h30 to around 14h30 each day. Visitors should please plan to arrive before or after these times to avoid inconvenience. The re-tarring is expected to take no longer than three weeks (weather dependant).
- The surfacing and rehabilitation of the entrances and exits to the roads intersecting with the main Cape Vidal Road has been planned to commence on 28 February 2017. This work will be done in half widths under flagmen to maintain access for tourist traffic.
- Mission Rocks road will be open from 01 March 2017.
- Vlei Loop will be closed on Wednesday (01 March 2017) and Thursday (02 March 2017) for remedial work.
- Pan Loop will be closed on Friday (03 March 2017) for final remedial work.
- Dune Loop will be closed for one week form 28 February 2017 for remedial work on concrete panels.
- kuMfazana Hide will be closed for the week to provide access to Forest Loop.
South Africa's first UNESCO World Heritage Site, the iSimangaliso Wetland Park in KwaZulu Natal, is continuing with routine road maintenance and repairs throughout the Park.
Eastern Shores - Cape Vidal:
- The Cape Vidal "pass" from the north side of the fishing cabins to the Cape Vidal resort camp is being re-tarred. The road will be closed for four hours per day, from 10h30 to 14h30, commencing on Thursday 16 February 2017 for a period of no more than three weeks, weather permitting. During this daily four hour period no vehicles will be allowed to use this section on the road. Overnight and day visitors should plan their arrival and departure from the resort and beach accordingly.
- The upgrade of the tar road from north of St Lucia town to Cape Vidal (32km) has commenced and will continue for a period of three months. Work is being done in 2 km sections in half-widths and traffic controlled through a ‘Stop/Go’ system.
- Mission Rocks
- Dunes loop