- Dune Loop is closed since 11 January 2017
- KuMfazana Hide access road remains closed
- Mission Rocks Road is closed since 11 January 2017
- All roads are now open on the Western Shores
St Lucia Estuary and Beaches
- Repairs to the St Lucia and the Eastern Shores surfaced roads are done under traffic control from since 11 January 2017
- Since 13 January 2017, vehicular access will be restricted to iSimangaliso's Estuary Beach car park due to the number of heavy vehicles and plant using it. A control boom has been erected south of Ingwe Beach and only contractor vehicles, vehicles towing boats, and persons with permits from DEA Oceans and Coasts in respect of access for disabled permits, will be granted access. The access rules and protocols will be the same as those for Bhangazi Gate. Boat users must complete the launch site register on entry and exit at the boom. All other beach users should make use of the upgraded parking and turning circle at Ingwe Beach.
- eMshophi Gate: Construction of the new eMshophi Gate House has commenced. The new gate house is situated approximately 1km before the existing boom gate into iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Traffic control in the form of stop and go's as well as diversions around the construction works are in place.
- KuMalibala Hide: kuMalibala Hide is currently closed to the public