Leriba' sustainable tourism initiatives include:
- Hosting a number of tourism students each year for work and practical experience.
- Providing Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) training to their own staff.
- Using local and small suppliers extensively in their procurement process.
- Receiving 100% for Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) procurement.
- Contributing significantly to community social investment (both financially and in-kind).
- Obtaining a Gold Heritage Rating for their environmental practices, including waste management, water and energy consumption.
- Making significant financial investment in environmental projects.
- Ensuring excellent Health and Safety systems on site for guests and staff, including the number of staff who have valid First Aid and fire fighting certificates